We all listen to our grandparents and parents about the uses and benefits of ginger. But do you know ginger is also beneficial during pregnancy period? Today we will tell you how to take ginger during pregnancy first trimester for best results. Yes, ginger is one of the best remedies during pregnancy. Ginger is one of the best herbs that can able to cure many diseases and the best part of this herb that it is available easily. Ginger also increases the taste of food.
In this article, you will know about how ginger is beneficial during pregnancy of the first trimester, how much quantity of ginger is good during pregnancy and some important points that you have to remember while taking ginger during pregnancy first trimester.
Now we will clear your doubts to take one of the most repeating questions i.e.
Is It Safe To Consume Ginger During Pregnancy First Trimester?
The answer is Yes. Always take fresh ginger for your food during pregnancy. Do not take dry ginger because dry ginger is not good for health. Always take ginger in small and healthy amount. Do not try to consume ginger in large amount. We always suggest you consult with your doctor if you have any type of disorder by taking ginger.
Please careful while you are in the first trimester because it is a very crucial stage. You can take 1 to 2 gram of ginger root. You can also take fresh ginger as mentioned above. It can help you to cure nausea and morning sickness. Always remember that do not take too much ginger because it is working for you. You can drink ginger tea also when you feel nauseated. You can feel relax and refreshed after drinking ginger tea.
How To Make Ginger Tea During Pregnancy
It’s very easy to make ginger tea. Let’s have a look that how many ingredients you need to make ginger tea.
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger.
- Boiled water.
- 1 tablespoon squeezed fresh lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic honey.
Steps to Follow:
- Take 1 cup boiled water and put ginger in the boiled water.
- Mix it and leave it at least 4-5 minutes.
- Take lemon and honey in another small container.
- Mix lemon and honey in the ginger teacup.
- Stir and dissolve the honey, you can also add more honey and lemon according to your taste.
Benefits of Ginger Tea:
- Cure morning sickness.
- Good treatment of Nausea.
- It provides relief to the tired muscles.
- Good circulation.
- Relief from the acidity problems.
- Improves your immune system.
- It helps you to overcome the stress.
- Also helps to manage the glucose level.
Side Effects of Ginger Tea:
- Weight Loss: Yes, because you need to weight gain when you are pregnant.
- Do not drink this tea more than 4 times because it is harmful during pregnancy.
If you have any doubts then please consult with your doctor because the doctor is the only person who can know about your whole body. But in most cases, ginger tea is the safest drink during pregnancy.
Benefits of Eating Ginger During Pregnancy First Trimester
There are many benefits of ginger during pregnancy. But most of the peoples don’t know about its amazing benefits. You will be surprised by knowing it benefits. They are listed below:
1. Helpful for your baby
Yes, ginger is very helpful for your unborn baby. It can improve the blood circulation of your body and therefore, your baby gets enough blood supply. It can make your unborn baby healthy.
2. Treats morning sickness
Ginger tea is one of the best remedies for treats morning sickness. Ginger contains the soothing agent that helps you to provides relief from morning sickness. Drink ginger tea to cure morning sickness. If you don’t know how to make ginger tea than don’t worry we already mentioned above that how to make ginger tea.
3. Help you to control blood sugar level
It makes you and your baby healthy. In a researched, it is found that ginger is good for control the blood sugar level. It also helps you to treats exhaustion and fatigue and maintains a high energy level of a pregnant woman.
4. Say bye-bye to Heartburn
Ginger fights to the acid which causes heartburn. Ginger is one of the best herbs to treat heartburn in pregnant women. You can use ginger tea to treats heartburn by drinking ginger tea between your meals. Always take fresh ginger to make ginger tea.
5. Controls cholesterol level
It can also control your cholesterol level in your body. If you take ginger during pregnancy first trimester than it will reduce the risk of higher cholesterol level.
6. Treats cold and cough
You can also listen to your grandparents about the use of ginger during cold and cough. It can easily cure a common cold and cough. For cold and cough, ginger tea is the perfect home remedy for treating them. Because ginger kills rhinoviruses, which causes cold. Drink 2-3 cups ginger tea in a day to cure a cold.
7. Helps you to absorb more nutrients
During pregnancy, you can face many problems like poor diet, stressful body so the body cannot able to absorb nutrients. The body of pregnant women needs more nutrients and ginger will help you to absorb maximum nutrients. Taking ginger during pregnancy first trimester also help your unborn baby.
8. Cure pains during pregnancy
During pregnancy, women face lots of pains. Ginger will also help you to cure those pains during pregnancy. You can drink ginger tea in the morning it will give you the best results. ginger ale is also a good option.
9. Makes your baby stronger
By the use of ginger tea or adding ginger in the food will improve the supply of iron and vitamins. It will improve your unborn baby immune system and it may also overcome the risk of your baby from any congenital disabilities.
10. Prevent inflammation by ginger
Ginger is also called an anti-inflammatory herb because it will reduce inflammation and swelling during pregnancy. If you want to prevent inflammation than cut slices of ginger and dip into honey. It will reduce inflammation.
Some Precaution While Taking Ginger During Pregnancy First Trimester
- Firstly consult with your doctor before taking anything during pregnancy because the doctor knows about your body.
- Taking ginger as a heavy dosage leads you to miscarriage and menstrual bleeding. Therefore, do not take the excess quantity of ginger because it will harmful to your baby also.
- If you have any gestational diabetes problems than you should avoid the use of ginger. Because it will affect the blood sugar level.
- Please do not take ginger if you have the prior miscarriage, vaginal bleeding and clotting disorder.
If you consume fresh ginger and ginger tea than it will not cause any harmful effect on you. But in pregnancy, you do not take any risk so safety is always the first priority during pregnancy. Always take ginger in the small amount because excessive use of anything leads you to many harmful diseases.
Some Method To Include Ginger During Pregnancy First Trimester
It is available in the many forms like row ginger, Ginger ale, capsules, chewing tablets, and in the form of toffee. There is some best method is given to include ginger during pregnancy below:
- You can take ginger in the form of tea. It is one of the best methods during pregnancy to fights with many diseases.
- You can also mix chopped ginger in soups.
- Always add fresh ginger in foods.
- You can also drink the ginger infusion. It is almost the same as ginger tea. Mix one teaspoon of ginger juice in 1 cup of boiled water. Leave it for 5 minutes and drink.
- You can extend the life of ginger by wrapping ginger in a plastic bag and store in the refrigerator.
- Add chopped ginger in your vegetables. It can increase your vegetables taste also.
FAQ On Ginger
There are some most frequently asked questions FAQ on ginger. We hope this questions will also help you. If you didn’t get your answer then you can ask it in the comment section or contact us directly via email.
- How can ginger help during pregnancy?
It will help you in many ways as mentioned above. Ginger is one of the best home remedies to cure many diseases during pregnancy. You can take ginger tea to cure morning sickness, nausea and improve your immune system.
2. During the pregnancy period, ginger chew is safe or not?
The answer is yes, Ginger contains many exceptional compounds which can play a vital role in improving your health during pregnancy in many ways.
3. How much ginger is safe during pregnancy?
You can take one gram of ginger root daily in divided dose.